A Worthy Stop on a Longer Journey
Sage Intacct has been on this journey towards an Intelligent General Ledger (GL) for several years. The company’s goal has been to relieve finance leaders of the burden of routine accounting tasks, while also bringing them visibility to data, along with the necessary tools to provide actionable insights that will lead to growth and profits. Many finance leaders today are spending 80% of their time on accounting, leaving only 20% available to think and act on a more strategic level. An “Intelligent GL” is really all about flipping that ratio. Of course, no piece of software can magically turn a bean counter into a strategist. But it can help you build trust in your data and decisions, and provide you the time and the tools you need to dig deeper, analyze, predict and prescribe a course of action.
And therefore, although an Intelligent GL is a lofty goal, the real value will come from diffusing this intelligence beyond the GL, beyond finance, leveraging it across all aspects of the enterprise. But then, isn’t that what strategic thinking (and doing) is all about? While Sage Intacct doesn’t profess (or pretend) to provide an end-to-end solution, a strong, “best of breed” financial management solution can indeed serve as a solid foundation on which to build a strategy that leads to profitable growth.
Click here for a closer look at Sage Intacct’s path to providing an Intelligent GL and what it can mean to your business.